Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sleepless Night

I usually fall asleep as I am reading a book. This past night I was finishing "Ralph's Party" by Lisa Jewell, and when I was done around 4 am, I couldn't sleep. So I fed the cat, made coffee, and opened my sketchpad and notebook. I wrote the beginning of a deep sea tale whose idea had popped into my head yesterday afternoon out of thin air (though inspired by an episode of "Wild Pacific" I'd seen on Sunday). I also had an episode of "House Hunters" on, and one of the prettiest faces I've ever seen was in full smile, so I paused the image, and tried to draw her. 'Angela' looks so much more beautiful in real life - I swear my drawing looked much better when I was half asleep (haha). She looks old in my sketch, which is unfortunate. I definitely need some higher-quality tools.

2 comments:

  1. It's very strange, but the more I look at it, the more this drawing looks like Angela Kinsey from "The Office". And she looks nothing like the woman from "House Hunters"! The same episode is on again Wednesday, so I will make another attempt to capture her beauty then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr... Nope, not the same episode. Maybe I'll try to draw her from memory...

    ReplyDelete