Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beware

I flipped past a show about Satan (and the requisite zealot nut jobs who were preaching 'fire & brimstone' to their 'flocks') on either the History Channel or Discovery, which featured lots of paintings and woodcuts from various eras, and I got the urge to draw some demons. Their whimsical faces popped immediately into my head, and the cartoonish bodies just followed. I was going to add clouds or mist or something, but then decided to keep them in the sky uncluttered, which I then intentionally photographed with the sepia tone in mind. I like the way the demons' rough edges were smoothed out by the flash, and the tone gives the image an aged feel, as if it had been drawn by some Dark Ages cartoonist for Ye Olde Newes Papier...

No comments:

Post a Comment