Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Salamander

This morning I was watching part of the PBS series on Appalachia, and there was a spot about how that region is prime salamander territory, and has more species of them than anywhere else on the planet. As I hadn't yet decided what to put on the page, I decided to draw what an alien of salamander stock might look like. I didn't want to color the skin though, because the possibilities were endless, and I didn't want to detract from the spot pattern by doing a poor coloring job.

I have been working on another project for awhile now, called "Tales from the Winter Star Galaxy", and this creature will fit in perfectly. The story "Flight" from one of my earliest posts, as well as the deep sea story I began a few days ago, also come from that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment