Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flee

I was watching tv yesterday, and I don't recall what made me think to draw this, but I had in mind to draw a person with lots of random clothing elements flapping out behind him as he escaped something. I'm not sure what he is fleeing from, but it was fun to draw, and the look on his face cracks me up. I drew & inked him yesterday, and I colored him today after breakfast.

I also ran out to Michael's this afternoon for a couple of sketchpads (11"x17" Bristol and 11"x14" recycled, both smooth finish) and several colors to fill in the blanks amongst my set of Prismacolor pencils. I snagged bronze, chartreuse, copenhagen blue, cream, orange, terra cotta, ultramarine, and warm grey. I also got a couple of fine-tipped pens (orange and green), 2 sheets of patterned paper (antique stars and tikis), an aluminum yard stick (actually a meter stick, with conversion tables for all things metric on the back), and a multicolored packet of paper.

On a side note: Congratulations to Abdi Farah, who won "Work of Art: The Next Great Artist" on Bravo last night. He was one of my favorites all season, and his work (along with that of Peregrine Honig, Nicole Nadeau, Erik Johnson, and Ryan Shultz) has been inspiring me for weeks now. He won his own showing at the Brooklyn Museum, which runs from August 14th to October 17th. I may have to make a list of additional things to see in Brooklyn, and make a road-trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment