Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday Stuff

Yesterday morning I went to the new local Ocean State Job Lot for their grand opening, and got a ton of supplies for my foray into acrylics. I was going to go to Michael's but OSJL's sale was too good to ignore. I got a stack of canvases (8x10, 11x14, 16x20) for super-cheap, 2 boxes of paints (18 colors - 0.4 oz tubes), and a wide selection of brushes of various sizes, both synthetic and hair. Plus a sturdy easel for ten bucks. I am going to supplement with a trip to Michael's later this week for larger (4 oz) tubes of paint and some palette knives. Later, I spent the afternoon drawing (pencil, and then black ink) the beautiful surfer Erica Hosseini (a favorite subject of mine, dynamic and athletic) while I watched the Patriots beat Buffalo.

2 comments:

  1. I did as much as I felt like on the Erica Hosseini drawing. I added a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...meaning I finished coloring it. The bulk of it was created on Sunday as indicated in the post!

    ReplyDelete