Sunday, September 5, 2010

Everything Looks Better in a Frame

...or at least this project does! I finally finished the cityscape today. I'm not sure if I like the inhabitants, but I am pretty happy with the way the rest of it turned out. I never had any issue with the glue, and I wisely saved the colored pencils for the end, so there was no smudging, and very little flaking. It didn't look right with the sun in the upper right, but it felt perfect when I made the leftward shift, even though I had to sacrifice the solar panels. Sometimes it feels a bit empty of buildings, but I think it was better to go with three strong ones rather than clutter the image with too many indistinct ones.

What a feeling of joy and accomplishment I feel every time I look over at the finished (and framed) final work! I took a few pictures of it when I was done, but it was after dark, and the indoor lighting isn't quite right. I'll take a few of the piece in the sunlight tomorrow, so a full appreciation can be had. For now, here is the best of the dark shots (see left).

I also did some sketches for another paper project, as well as for a surfer girl in action illustration. The ideas just keep coming, "and that ain't bad".

No comments:

Post a Comment