Saturday, September 4, 2010

Miscellaneous

I realized that I haven't added any images for the last few days. Here is the initial colored thumbnail for the mixed media (various plain & patterned colored papers, ink, colored pencil, glue) cityscape, which I spent a good deal of time on last night. I also ran out to get a frame for it, to fill a blank spot on my walls, and also so I can point to it when friends & family drop in, and say "I did that!" (haha).

I did some more work on a political slogan that I came up with last year about Sarah Palin. Has there ever been a more divisive figure of so little substance on America's political stage? Once it's refined (if properly marketed), the t-shirt profits alone could make me a rich man. I just hate to add to the publicity surrounding her (no matter how small), even if it's in a negative (albeit humorous) light. I just want her swept off the stage so more intelligent heads can do some work on the other side of the aisle. Food for thought.

The heatwave of the last week has ended, so perhaps I'll venture outdoors with my sketchpads. Now that all of the kids are back to school, the lake and parks and mountains (such that they are here in New England) will be a lot less crowded. And I need to finish that cd cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment