Sunday, May 1, 2011

Swap Challenge I

Here is my contribution to "Swap Challenge I", the first of many drawing exercises that my friend Brian & I are doing on a weekly basis until one of us tires of it. He is drawing Marvel's Thing for me, and I drew Marvel's Darkhawk for him.

I used a regular #2 pencil to draw the figure, and then inked it with an 08mm Prismacolor Premier pen. The dark blue is a brush pen marker, and the colored pencils are Prismacolor Blue Slate PC1024 and Lilac PC956. The red I used for the visor and the chest emblem is a Pigma Micron 05mm. The final work took about three hours to finish.

I'm not a very good inker (I need a lot of practice, which I never seem to do), and often I feel that my coloring takes away from the initial drawing. Two things to spend a lot more time on for future Swap Challenges...

No comments:

Post a Comment