Monday, May 9, 2011

Swap Challenge II - Thor

Here is my entry for Swap Challenge II. In honor of the film's U.S. premiere we agreed upon "Thor" from Marvel Comics. I chose to draw the classic version of the character. I worked on the sketch for this project during the week anytime I happened to be goofing around online, and I moved the arm holding the hammer several times. I did the rest of the work today (Sunday) in front of the television (during "The Amazing Race" and "Celebrity Apprentice"). Tools were the same as last week's, except for the following: the paper was 60 lb. Strathmore (premium recycled).
I feel like I phoned it in on the figure's pose, but the coming week's subject (the third and final one in a row featuring characters from Marvel Comics) is for each of us to draw an action scene with our five favorite mutants from "The X-Men". Stay tuned! And of course, feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. This time around I think I like the inked version best.

    ReplyDelete