Monday, January 3, 2011

New Ideas

One of my biggest problems is follow-through. I come up with ideas that I think could have some legs, and then after a burst of activity, they lay fallow and undeveloped. For example: I haven't done anything in ages with "The Scatterbunnies" (see last fall), and "Tales From The Winterstar Galaxy" went nowhere fast.

Here are preliminary sketches for an idea about talking ice cream treats: Doug Bar, an average everyday fudge-on-a-stick, and Mel T. Kohn, an ice cream cone of Jewish heritage. My goal this week is to do some real work on this idea. I drew the image on the right while watching The Food Network, and the two on the left in my daily journal before I went to bed last night. Color work to follow!

2 comments:

  1. I've done some more sketches for this, including a cool double-sticks orange popsicle guy. I can't think of a good name for him yet, but he looks great in color. More pictures to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a few more sketches today during the Chiefs/Ravens game. Ol' double-sticks is now named Twip, and he lives inside his own mind most of the time, with the occasional flash of brilliance. He is usually silent, or emitting a nonsense word, but when his neurons line up, he lets out an intelligent fact or two.

    ReplyDelete